A planned industrial community on the
Ohio River, Jefferson Riverport International is home to quality companies
engaged in manufacturing and/or distribution. The fully-integrated port/industrial
park/FTZ complex offers:
- Reasonably-priced prime sites for manufacturing and distribution,
with ample room for future expansion.
- Public port facilities, including an operating general cargo dock,
barge fleeting area and ground storage.
- Excellent truck, rail, air and water transportation, plus efficient
intermodal transfer facilities.
- A Foreign-Trade Zone (FTZ) with financial incentives for importers
and exporters of raw materials, semi-finished and finished goods.
- Abundant and inexpensive utilities in place and designed for industrial-user
Riverport’s fully developed transportation facilities complement
Louisville’s central location and make it one of the most accessible
industrial parks in the nation, via three interstate highways, five railroads
(three directly), and the Ohio River.
A new four-lane highway connects Riverport to the interstate system less
than five minutes away. Louisville International Airport at Standiford
Field, the area’s major airport, is only eight miles from Riverport.
Jefferson Riverport International is one of the few inland
industrial/port sites in the nation with single-line haul by three railroads:
CSX, Norfolk Southern and Paducah & Louisville.
Public transportation to Riverport is available via TARC, the community’s
mass transit system. Child care services are available within the industrial
The Commonwealth of Kentucky also offers significant incentive opportunities
to companies choosing a Riverport location.